If you’re in the market for a new garage door, there are some things you should know. For example, what industry trends should you follow? What do you need to know to make an informed decision about purchasing a new garage door? You want it to be something you’re happy with for a very long time so it does require research.
A New Garage Door Improves the Overall Look of the Space
A new garage door has the potential of significantly improving the look of your garage. It increases your home’s curb appeal and also serve as a barrier protecting the contents of the space. If you’re looking for something that works well with your space, you need to know what is trending and why it should influence your decision.
What to Expect from Garage Doors in the Future
Here are the top garage door trends for 2017:
- Smart Technology. There is a degree of ease to all modern conveniences. Garage doors are no different. Like other technologically-based inventions, they can be used in a way that provides comfort and increases productivity. For example, many garage door companies now offer wireless and keyless options as well as smartphone or internet-controlled opening and closing options. Rather than use an opener to raise and lower the garage door, users have control from wherever they are using a mobile device. It’s rumored that parking guides servings as pathways to get in and out of the garage are also in the works.
- Energy-Efficient Options. The right amount and type of insulation helps make garages more practical financially. Considering heat escapes through faulty insulation as well as cracks or openings in a garage door, it only makes sense to consider how that effects your household’s monthly energy bills. If making your home and garage sustainable tops your list of priorities, let the company who is installing the garage door for you know this right away.
- Flexibility. The way garages are being used is different than before. It’s not only a drop off spot for a vehicle. Garages often serve as an additional room in the home. Many people modify the space with screens, moveable walls, and even outdoor furniture as a way of making the area personal and meaningful. People have shops in their garages as well as art studios and entertainment rooms for their kids and their friends.
- The Use of Glass and Wood. Steel and aluminum garage doors aren’t the only options that exist. In fact, there are other types of materials being used throughout. For example, frosted glass has suddenly seen a revival. Wood of various colors helps give the garage area of a property its own look and visual appeal. It all comes down to a matter or preference. When thinking about the overall look of the space, many homeowners factor in the garage as it something they use daily.
- Larger Garage Doors. Again, it boils down to the personality of the homeowner as he or she tries to create a space that is attractive, functional, and appealing to other people. A form of creative expression that helps add another layer of visual appeal to a home and property, large garage doors make it easier for people to accommodate more intricate designs and functionalities.
- Custom Options. Being able to pick and choose options and make them your own is something that companies have been advertising for a long time. It’s no different with garage doors. They can be designed and installed in a way that meets your needs and exceeds your expectations. In fact, it isn’t unusual for you to have a range of options when it comes to the style, color, and even electronic components that come with your garage door.
- Statement Doors. Just like a person accessorizes the inside of their home to give it style and make a statement, this trend is carried over to the outside of the home and to the garage door. It seeks to create contrast or cohesiveness by solidifying a design. Doors are often thematic, playing their role in the overall scheme. They’re not considered just functional pieces, but ones that add appeal and style to a space that is often forgotten about.
Now that you know which garage door trends to follow, you’ll have an easier time buying one for your garage. Keep in mind how it looks with the rest of your home. The right garage door adds value to your property because of how good it looks and how well it functions.
Contact Bayside Garage Door for Your Garage Door Needs
Bayside Garage Door can help you add the right door to your garage. Not only will it add functionality to the space, it completes the aesthetic of your home, too. You’ll be able to enter and exit the garage with ease thanks to the opener you keep in your vehicle.