No longer an afterthought, they’re stronger, more weathertight, and brimming with character. There are some main qualities that are important in choosing a garage door like: durability, safety, security, style and energy-efficient. That’s why, with our expert knowledge, we can help you select the right garage door to complement your home, fit your needs and budget. We carry a great selection of overhead doors so we can help with anything from a high-speed door or wood, metal, aluminum, and insulated door designs. And, we offer same day service and the highest quality products delivered with the best customer service in the overhead door industry.
Move over front door, the garage door has become America’s favorite entryway. For better or worse, we’re more likely to go in and out of our homes with the click of a remote than the turn of a key.
Unlike the detached one-car structures found at the end of driveways 50 years ago, today’s two- and three-bay garages are wholly integrated into the home’s footprint. They occupy a prominent chunk of prime visual real estate as well: about 33 percent of an average street-side facade. Yet, for many years garage doors remained stuck in the Dodge Dart era, just blank slabs of stamped steel or painted plywood.
That began to change several years ago, as custom manufacturers began adding carriage-house door details, such as X-shaped braces and decorative hardware, to rival the hinges and handles used on entry doors. It was a design revolution. Now you can get distinctive garage doors in wood, steel, vinyl—even glass—to match any architectural style.
So if your garage is due for a face-lift, read on for the right door type, material, and look for your home and budget. It’s an upgrade you’ll appreciate with every click of that remote.
GARAGE DOOR INSTALLATION IN TAMPA AND SURROUNDING AREAS
Our garage door experts are here to help you choose the right style of door(s) for your home.
To help you decide, here are four key items to consider when choosing a garage door.
1. Garage Door Type
- Short panel: Raised short-panel, traditional garage door
- Long panel: Raised long-panel, traditional garage door
- Carriage House Style: These doors open like a traditional overhead door but give the appearance of opening out by the handles on the outside of the door.
- Full-View Aluminum: Draws a substantial presence, even with its simplicity. Clean lines and sleek glass door panels achieve the streamlined look that transforms your home or business.
- Wrought Iron: The panels are constructed with 16-gauge steel, rolled and formed for strength and durability, and are urethane foam insulated to fight off the elements and provide a lifetime of smooth quiet operation and light enough to open with standard garage door openers.
- Steel: This is the most common material and least expensive for garage doors. Low maintenance and pre-painted colors are the main factors in maintaining the low-cost of these garage doors.
- Wood: Natural wood doors offer warmth and elegance. This material can be painted or stained to match your home.
- Wood composite: Made of recycled materials, this door material is low maintenance and can be painted or stained to match your home.
- A properly insulated garage door will save you money on your energy bill and provide noise reduction for your new garage door.
- Your budget is a factor when deciding on insulation. Typically, the more insulated a garage door the more it will cost. The more insulation, the more energy efficient and this could save you money over time.
- This is measured in R-value. The higher the R-value the better insulated the door is.
- We have many doors to choose from and our experts can help you choose the right door to fit your budget.
If you have any questions regarding our garage door services, give us a call and we will be more than happy to let one of our friendly staff members answer your questions today. Call us at (813) 433-7395 and let us help you. We look forward to hearing from you.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO CONSIDER ABOUT YOUR GARAGE DOOR IS SAFETY
According the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, each year there are approximately 30,000 injuries that are caused by accidents with garage doors. What makes these statistics even more troubling is that many of these injuries involve children.
In 1993, the Consumer Product Safety Commission required all automatic garage door systems manufactured after 1993 to have a built-in safety reversing or automatic shut off system. However, according to some troubling statistics compiled by the Consumer Product Safety Commission, 40% of these safety systems failed to work properly, and the garage doors that failed to reverse came down with enough pressure to crush a small child.
Remember, children are unpredictable, and simply instructing them shouldn’t be the only measures taken to prevent injury. When garage doors are being opened or closed, ensure that all children are standing clear of the door and not playing near or around the door.
While garage door safety continues to improve, technology shouldn’t be the only safety precaution taken; teaching children that the garage door is not a toy is an important part of accident prevention as well.
Periodically test the garage opener’s photo eye by waving a stick across its beam as the door comes down. The garage door should automatically go back up. Also, check the pressure-sensitive function by lowering the door onto a roll of paper towel. The door should reverse itself when it touches the roll. Also, if the door falls down in manual operation, it is not safe. In either case, call Bayside Garage Doors and let a professionally trained technician come out and ensure your garage doors is working properly and safely.
If a garage door spring breaks (and they do… Murphy’s Law again), it can fly across the garage with such force that it can penetrate a double layer of 5/8″ wallboard! Or put a serious hurt on you if you’re unlucky enough to be nearby!
SPRINGS ROLLERS CABLES Balanced with the proper spring size and tension if the door is balanced correctly, the door should stay.
A staved-in garage door puts an entire house at risk. Extra bracing and beefier hardware can earn a door a wind-load rating between 115 and 180 mph. As we all know, Florida is prone to hurricanes, thus we make sure you are compliant with all state and local codes to protect your garage door from strong winds. Our technicians stay up-to-date on state and local codes.
OUR SAFETY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Residential garage doors include grip handles and step plates for safe opening and closing.
- Patented Safe-T Bracket® cannot, under normal circumstances, be removed while the garage door is under tension.
- Extensions Springs are supplied with safety containment cables.
- EZ-SET® torsion and extension springs are available for safer, simpler spring installation.
- Clopay’s WindCode® horizontal reinforcement is designed to be storm ready. No posts, pins or extra setup. Just close and lock your door.
- Steel garage doors are made using high quality, durable true steel gauges.
There are lots of choices when it comes to choosing your garage door. Let’s consider a few:
Steel garage doors are the most popular option and offer the broadest range of design, insulation and price options
- Available in a variety of sizes and styles
- Provide strength and security
- Virtually maintenance-free
- Energy efficient
- Metal construction
- Wide variety of designs
- Insulated and non-insulated available
- Quiet operation
- Intellicore® insulation technology
- Warmer. Quieter. Stronger. Intellicore is a proprietary polyurethane foam that is injected into a garage door, expanding to fill the entire structure. The result is a door with incredible strength and durability. Its dense insulation also produces a quieter door, while its industry-leading R-values (up to 20.4) provide year-round comfort and improved energy efficiency. Smart, indeed.
Transform the look of your home, with a beautifully crafted wood door. Wood garage doors offer aesthetic appeal. Living in Florida, we get plenty of rain and wood must be maintained properly to extend the life of your door. We offer maintenance packages to keep your door operating in tip-top shape as well as preserving the aesthetics of your door. We also offer the widest selection of styles, shapes, and decorative add-ons. And, if you don’t see a door that you absolutely love, we can customize your dream door exclusively for you!
- Handcrafted from the finest wood species
- Built with pride in the U.S.A.
- Paint-grade and stain-grade available
- Harvested from sustainable and naturally fallen forestry
- Carriage house style and traditional panel styles available
- Insulated option available
No matter which you choose, keep in mind that a factory-applied finish ensures that your door arrives ready to install and will hold up better than a DIY install.
- Paint: It’s the most durable finish and the most colorful. Use it to visually tie the doors to the rest of the house. We have a variety of colors and options to choose from when selecting your door.
- Warranties: Our doors carry the most competitive warranties given with lifetime warranties available
- Steel core behind a vinyl skin
- Insulated options
- Variety of design options
- Good near the seashore
- Window options
Aluminum framed, panels of tempered glass offer a sleek, sophisticated, and modern look for residential homes.
- Corrosion resistant
- Fill garages with natural light
- Available in clear, frosted and opaque glass to control the degree of light and privacy
- Single-pane or double-pane
- Require heavy duty springs
- Paint or powder-coated frame finishes in solid colors are offered
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How long will your garage door last?
A: Warranties on craftsmanship and materials range from one year to lifetime.
Q: How much care does your garage door need?
A: It depends on the material and its exposure to the elements. We offer maintenance packages to keep your garage door in the safest and best possible operating condition.
Q: How long does it take to get my garage door?
A: Stock steel doors can be delivered as soon as the following day or up to two – four weeks after the order is placed. Custom doors can take up to eight weeks. Professional installation takes about half a day, regardless of type.
Q: What is included?
A: New tracks, rollers, springs, and hinges are part of the door’s purchase price.
While some garage door makers sell directly to homeowners, installation can be dangerous and should be left to a pro, like Bayside Garage Doors, the leader in expert garage door knowledge. Call us today and let our knowledgeable professionals help you in choosing a new door.
Call Us Now
24/7 Garage Repair Service